Municipal water in the Town of Montville is sourced from the Groton Reservoir and pumped through the Gales Ferry section of Ledyard and then beneath the Thames River to provide for customers along the Route 32 corridor. The earliest municipal water service in town was initiated in the 1980s.

Pay Bill

Water Bills

Water bills are based on usage and sent out quarterly. If, after 30 days a bill is not paid, late fees are assessed, and eventually, non-payment results in termination of water services. Bills are based on volume of consumption over the past 90 days.

Water Rates

Water rates are set by the Montville Town Council on the recommendation of the WPCA.

View Rates

Payment Options


Mail your payment with the remit portion or you may use your own bank online bill pay.

There’s a green envelope enclosed with your bill that may be sent to:

PO Box 4177, Woburn, MA 01888

or to

310 Norwich-New London Turnpike, Uncasville, CT 06382


You will need to register for a new online account, to do so, press "Pay Online" below.

Pay Online

Credit card payment

We accept VISA or MasterCard only by calling the office at (860) 848-6776

At Town Hall

Use the drop box in the hallway at Montville Town Hall
310 Norwich-New London Turnpike, Uncasville, CT 06382

Cash Or Check Payment

Charter Oak Credit Union
601 Route 32, Uncasville, CT 06382.

Dime Bank
563 Route 32, Uncasville, CT 06382

*Please be sure to bring your bill along with your payment.

Bringing Water To Montville

Montville’s WPCA played a major role in the very complicated, multi-government success story, known as the Thames Basin Interconnection Project, which provides municipal water in town. The end result of the regional effort pipes water from Groton Utilities through the Town of Ledyard and across the Thames River to Montville to service townspeople and the Mohegan Sun Casino.

Community Wells

There are a number of community wells located within the Town of Montville, and they are NOT operated by the WPCA. Here is a list of those community wells and the appropriate contact information.

Birchwood Commons Division
Black Ash Division
Chesterfield Estates Division
Hillcrest Division
Mohegan Division
Montville Manor Division
Oakdale Heights Division
Seven Oaks Division
The preceding eight are operated by the Southeastern Connecticut Water Authority which may be reached at (860) 464-0232.

Kitemaug Orchards
Operated by the Kitemaug Orchards Association which may be reached at (860) 848-8317

Norwich Department of Public Utilities
The DPU services the community well in the northeast corner of Montville, including the Holly Hill, Fitch Hill, and Richard Brown Road neighborhoods.
The Norwich DPU may be reached at (860) 887-2555.

Annual Report

Private Wells

For testing or questions regarding private wells call the Uncas Health District at (860) 823-1189.

Tips & Troubleshooting

If your water consumption suddenly goes up, check for drips, leaks, open faucets, and make sure that toilet flappers are functioning properly. Also, in warm weather, increased consumption is often the result of watering gardens, washing cars, and filling swimming pools.

State in State of Emergency

The Governor placed a State in State of Emergency related to the above-referenced illness on March 11.

Contact Us

Water Pollution Control Authority

83 Pink Row
Uncasville, CT 06382


Call (860) 625-7582 for things such as a burst pipe or emergency shut-off.


Call (860) 848-6776